Meg Marshall, Cerner’s senior director of public policy, talks to Russ Branzell, CEO and president of the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME).
Russ answers these questions:
- What’s happening with federal health policy and drug laws aimed at the opioid crisis? What’s providing the most meaningful impact, and what’s missing?
- How can health care IT help providers stop opioid misuse while still ensuring that patients who need opioids to manage chronic pain can get appropriate care?
- How can the health care industry use IT and data to change provider behavior in prescribing opioids?
- What role does the health care IT industry play in driving meaningful opioid legislation?
- What’s the future of federal opioid legislation?