Host: Andy Smith, CFCHE
Co-CEO and Founder, Impact Advisors
Education Co-chair, CHIME Opioid Task Force
Guest: Gregg Dockins
Corrections Division President, Gateway Foundation, Inc.
An employee of Gateway Foundation, Inc. for over 23 years, Gregg is responsible for the administration, operational oversight, and strategic planning and growth of all Corrections Division services.
What you’ll learn about:
– Gateway‘s initial approach to the opioid epidemic.
– How has technology has helped their care model.
– What obstacles they have faced around technology.
– What the future of addiction treatment may look like in the corrections setting for providers as well as individuals seeking treatment.
– What all addiction healthcare professionals should take away from treating incarcerated individuals with substance use disorder.
The CHIME Opioid Task Force (OTF) was launched in early 2018 with a simple mission: to turn the tide on the opioid epidemic using the knowledge and expertise of the nation’s healthcare IT leaders. While our mission is simple, achieving it is not. Opioid addiction is a complex disease that requires long-term, if not lifetime, care from well-informed clinicians who are supported with easy-to-use and reliable tools.